Monday, September 26, 2011

Watch Your Tongue!

Several years ago I was ministering here in Texas and a young boy about 9 years of age was brought to me. As he slowly walked to the front of the church, I immediately noticed his bent over posture looking like an old man at such a young age. His mother had taken him to numerous doctors, they'd run many tests never finding the cause.

As I prayed for him, I found myself breaking word curses that had been spoken over him by his parents! As each word curse was broken he would straighten up a little bit more. By the time I was done ministering to him, he was standing ramrod straight with a posture that looked like he was standing at attention in the military. Everyone in the meeting was shocked and amazed at the transformation that they'd witnessed right before their very eyes.


We've often heard it, "Words have power", but I think few of us understand the full truth of that statement. Prov 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." It was through spoken words that God Himself created the entire universe and the very planet we live on including all the animals and all the fish in the sea. Put the words of our mouth in the prophetic framework, and they're even more powerful. When the Lord has anointed our mouths, regardless of what we speak, good or bad, there is a measure of anointing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment